Books for Babes continues encouraging families to read, engage, attach and discover with their children though our Family Literacy Challenge Program. Preschool aged children spend about 4.6 hours a day on screens. Our Family Literacy Challenge encourages families to connect with one another through reading aloud. Not only will the time reading aloud help your child build foundations for later reading success, but a connection will be made between parent, child and book. We partner with local daycares and preschools to participate in our Family Literacy Challenge.
How does the Challenge Work?
1) Books for Babes volunteers lead a story at participating child care providers.
2) Each child goes home with one of our R.E.A.D. Totes as well as our challenge tracking sheet.
3) Families read aloud together at home and track their progress.
4) When a family has read 30 books in one month they return their tracking sheet and receive another book for their home library.
5) A families who complete the challenge are entered in a drawing for a special prize.